Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Royal Santa by Amanda Lawford #10

This background took me a long, long, loooooooooooong time.  It is stitched in one strand of Caron Impressions in cream.  It got to the point where I would just make myself do one length of thread a day.


Doesn't it look fabulous though?

The tiger is stitched in Au Ver a Soie silk thread from Access Commodities.  It is done in long and short stitch, stem stitch, back stitch... basically a lot of little stitches.  Also, the nose is done in basketweave.


2 comments:

blue star stitcher said...

The tigers fur is amazing, WOW!

Carole said...

You have done a marvelous job with this! This Santa is very popular where I am from, Louisiana. Tiger for LSU, fleur de lis for Louisiana. jester and crown for Mardi Gras. Such a wonderful project! How long did it take you, Summer? I can't believe how much background you did! Wow!
Carole