In which I learn I shouldn't always follow the stitch guide.
I must first note, I have loved this stitch guide. So many fun stitches and threads and it is turning out beautifully.
The feathers are worked in basketweave with three strands of Anchor cotton floss. I blended the colors a bit, being cognizant that they are going to get stitched over with a long fiber. The stitch guide said to stitch the Bernat Boa in the last bit... a long fiber couched diagonally. Well, when I needed to basketweave the edges of the feather I needed to pin back the Boa fiber. Poor planning on my part, although it turned out well in the end. The edges of the feather were then worked in wrapped stem stitch, which I find easier to curve than wrapped backstitch.
The white fiber is was then couched along the center of each feather vein. Love it!
My thread minder.
Plume on the cap was done the same as the green.
I'm now working on the purple cap. I couldn't actually find *anything* about that in the stitch guide so I'm working it in the same nobuko variation as the sleeve caps on the robe. Next up are the eyes and then the cap brim.