Sunday, January 20, 2013

Home Sweet Home #2 and Every Now and Then Variation


Home Sweet Home 
This is the second, larger, needle turn version of the Home Sweet Home quilt.  I love it! It's big.   You can see the smaller one at http://summerlouise.blogspot.com/2012/04/home-sweet-home-quilt-1.html?m=1. The blocks are hand appliquéd and I machine pieced them together.  The swag is my favorite. 


For the back of this quilt I modified a pattern from Sew Scrappy Volume One from Better Homes and Gardens 2010.  It's called Every Now and Then.  I modified it by cutting some of the long strips in different widths and also staggering the rows a bit.  I did this because I knew it would be a backing and its much easier to line things up when you don't have to line them up.  

It is quilted in King Tut threads from Superior Threads on my home Juki.  




1 comment:

Mary said...

Another beautiful work of art!