Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Shimacho Quilt Finished



Shimacho Quilt - photographed at Washington Arboretum UW Botanic Gardens

This pattern is from Japanese Quilt Inspirations by Susan Brisco.  It is available in both paperback and kindle.  I have the paperback.  There is another pattern I plan to make from this book, a paper pieced kimono quilt, I have no idea how you would use the pattern with a kindle.  

This was a fairly straightforward quilt to piece.  The pattern has you cut multiple sizes of the small colored blocks and then each one is framed with the border fabric (Kona white for my quilt) and then the blocks are pieced together.  We have had endless rain here so I haven't had a chance to do a straight shot.  Will update when I get those done.  

It is bound with a double-sided binding, white on one side and Kaffe on the other that matches the fish.  


My cat Lois: "Did you want to sew?"



No comments: