Friday, March 28, 2014

Bali Wedding Star Quilt Completed...




"Bali Wedding Star" 

pattern is by Judy Niemeyer.  I picked the colors myself - I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  The double wedding ring (not this pattern) was the very first quilt I ever attempted and I never finished that first quilt.  I actually ended up throwing it away!  So I'm happy to have crossed a Wedding Ring quilt off my bucket list.  


In continuing my theme of photographing my quilts at my favorite places, here is the quilt at the Everett Arboretum.  It's a lovely garden in North Everett close to Jetty Island.  


The rings are batik fabric and the black is my favorite black from Faye Burgos that I also used in Lollypop Trees.  I did do the quilting myself.  



Also sharing, because I think people might get a kick out of it, that this is how I photograph my quilts.  I have no walls big enough to do it inside.  It measures 83" x 85".


1 comment:

Mlnfitch@gmail.com said...

I have fallen in love with this quilt. So much though that my daughter is getting married and I would truley love to buy it for them as a gift.