Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Pandemonium by Kim McLean quilt finished

Pandemonium
design by Kim McLean
92" x 92" cotton, cotton and wool battings
Hand-appliqued.  Hand and machine pieced.  Machine quilted.


Reverse
My Side, Your Side
design by Summer Truswell based on traditional barn raising pattern.
Machine pieced.


This is my vision of animals running amok at night.  I worked hand needleturn applique on the blocks - lots of time at swim practices!  I cleared through a lot of scraps making these two quilts.  Special thanks to Susan Webster at Gathering Fabrics for giving me the Cotton and Steel fabric gift.  






This quilt won first prize in the Large Solo (made by one maker) category.  It also won Viewer's Choice at the Quilter's Anonymous 35th Annual Show in Washington 2016.  





No comments: