Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Rain, snow, sleet, snow...

The last few days have been a lesson in poor weather here in Washington. I am NOT a snow fan. Cold, cold, cold! Since the weather has been bad I spent yesterday on a 550 piece puzzler, drank lots of Trader Joe's holiday coffee (with ginger, it's delicious!), and finished off the last of the Cappucino Pecan Nuggets.


I just received news this morning that one of my good friends will be moving, in about 9-10 months. Her husband is military and while the do move around a lot, they had thought that they would be here for at least another 3 years. It's very upsetting. Her children and my children are best buds. They have a choice of cities but none are close... we'll see what happens. Brad calls it "my curse"... every friend I made will be here for a couple of years and then move on. It happens over, and over, and over again. The Seattle area is very transient. :-(
Last night I worked on the line drawings for a couple new projects for the ANG Master Teacher Program. I pulled threads last night. This morning I line drew the stitch squares on the canvas and I'll be stitching them this evening. I have a few more stockings to do finishing on tomorrow and will mail it all out on Saturday.
Off to stitch - I love starting a new project, even if it is a bitty sample!


No comments: