Thursday, September 18, 2008

More of the same…

It’s funny how we keep ourselves busy with stuff that “needs” to get done. I often hear adults say “It’s good for kids to be bored.” They say this in regards to kids being overscheduled and how important it is that they learn to entertain themselves. Now, I don’t think my kids are overscheduled, nor do I think they can’t entertain themselves. Certainly, though, they sometimes need to be told to “go play” or “go read”. So there, my solution to the bored child. :)
I myself am never bored. I always feel like there is something to be done or someone that needs attention. I always have a project with me to put a few stitches in or a book that I can read a few pages from. If only there were more time in the day! Or just less time to have to clean…

My star quilt is coming along, slowly but surely. Twister is making progress. Finishing is a never ending circuit, as are ebay sales and stuff to mail and kids to clean and laundry to do and… and… and… Keeping the notebook of lists *is* helping but I know I’ll never catch up.

No comments: