Tuesday, September 7, 2010

New Book and New Design...

This design jumped the queue with Jane's query if I had finishing instructions for a tote bag in my book.  The short answer was "No.", but the longer answer was "I'm working on them."

With a bit of a push (I am moving in two weeks and am in the process of packing), I've finished them up and they are ready for download or mailing.


"Le Fleur Shoppe" is a charming design that shows a flower shop entry.  Stylized flowers detail this fun piece and a charming cat hides on the back.  Stitch in colors from your stash or use the recommended colors.

"Learn to Finish a Tote Bag" gives step-by-step instructions for finishing a tote bag.  Large photographs illustrate each step and it includes information on buying enough fabric, directions for sewing pockets, linings, and straps.

Enjoy these newest additions to my design collection!

"Le Fleur Shoppe" Paper Leaflet
http://www.lulu.com/product/brochure/le-fleur-shoppe---counted-needlework-design/12555200

"Le Fleur Shoppe" Digital Download
http://www.lulu.com/product/download/le-fleur-shoppe---counted-needlework-design/12555200

"Learn to Finish a Tote Bag" Digital Download
http://www.lulu.com/product/file-download/learn-to-finish-a-tote-bag/12554915?

"Learn to Finish a Tote Bag" Paperback Book
http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/learn-to-finish-a-tote-bag/12554914

5 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

OOOOOOoooooo!

Thank you, Summer! I'll post this on Blog so the person with the question can get in touch with you.

I see lots of tote bags in our future!

Elaine said...

Hi Summer,
It was me who originally asked! I've just bought and downloaded the instructions and they look fantastic!

I have a number of items stitched by my late mother in law that I want to turn into bags for other family members and so have been agonising over finding something I can follow. I haven't sewn anything with my sewing machine for absolutely ages .... so felt I needed something with lots of steps so I could really follow what to do!
With your instructions, I think I have found it :)

I can see that I will be turning some of my own work into bags as well :)

Thank you.

Elaine said...

I should have added that for £2.42 for a download, they are an absolute bargain!

Summer said...

Thanks, Elaine and Jane! I hope that you are able to follow them. I tried to show every step.

Elaine said...

Well, I had a quick read through today and everything looks very clear.

The proof will be in the eating but I've certainly not found anything else with such clear photographs of each step.

I hope your move goes well. Just remember ...... clearly pack a little box with a teapot, tea (or coffee if that's your thing!), enough mugs for everyone, spoons etc so when you've had enough on the day of the move, you can at least make a cuppa :)