Sunday, November 13, 2011

Volume in Scraps by Emily Cier finished...


This is based on "Volume in Scraps" from Scrap Republic by Emily Cier.  Her quilt in the book is a lot smaller, so I made 25 columns of 4.5" strips.  They are 104" long and it is just over 100" wide.  Also, since I had loads of fabric and wasn't making scraps, I pieced my color families as she suggests and then chopped and pieced the strips - I didn't need the shorter strips together.  Mine's not as blended as the original but I really like it.  Since this is the backing for "Lollypop Trees", which measures 94" square, the edges of this quilt will end up being cut off.  This took a solid week to piece - I listened to The Coral Thief (great!) and The Cave Girl (ridiculous!) while piecing it.


I'm now going to make a tuffet!

No comments: