Thursday, April 18, 2013

Garden Medallion & Kaffe's Bordered Diamonds Quilt




"Garden Medallion" quilt design by Bloomin' Workshop.  Photographed in one of my favorite areas - Fremont!  Kit from Gathering Fabric in Woodinville, Washington.  I pieced this in March 2013.  Love love love this quilt.  



"Bordered Diamonds" by Kaffe Fassett  
Photographed outside Peets in Fremont*

In October 2012 I attended a Kaffe Fassett / Brandon Mably workshop at Island Quilter on Vashon Island, Washington.  It was an all-day class where we cut fabric, talked about color, arranged fabric, and met other quilters.  Lots of fun but very stressful as well.  I don't like big groups of people.

This quilt is my result of that workshop - I expanded and made it square as a back for the Garden Medallion Quilt.  Jupiter fabric was used for the binding.

*Peets Coffee and Tea -  many fond memories of visiting this coffeehouse with my dear sister-in-law who used to work on the same block.  Isn't the fence divine?

No comments: