Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Quilters Anonymous Show 2013


I am so excited and thrilled that I won two beautiful ribbons at the 2013 Quilters Anonymous show.  Seriously, people liked my quilts!  So happy.  I plan on wearing these ribbons in my hair next time I ride my bike, just like a nine year old.  (Not really.)  But I am very excited about them.


At the show, they kindly put a bench so you could sit and stare at it.  Lollypop Trees (http://summerlouise.blogspot.com/2012/01/lollypop-trees-all-done.html) won first place in the Large Duet category.  Thanks again to Catherine for her lovely quilting.  

Cathedral Windows won Honorable Mention in the applique category.  

Since the show, I've finished the Kaffe Bordered Diamonds / Garden Medallion Quilt as well as the top on  Edyta Sitar's Lone Star quilt.  Keeping busy!  Also, we bought bikes for the kidlets and that has been a laugh and a half between the bloody knees and skinned elbows.  Thank goodness for helmets or Victoria's dreams of rocket science would be by the wayside. Good times.  

2 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

CONGRATULATIONS! These awards were much deserved. Those are lovely quilts.

Teresa S. said...

Congratulations, Summer!
You are sewing beautiful quilts.