Sunday, November 10, 2013

Finished a needlepoint pillow - Amanda Lawford floral.



This was stitched in 2013.  It is a hand-painted canvas from Amanda Lawford.  I stitched it in silk threads, mostly Vineyard Silks with basketweave.  The purple flowers I worked in Au Ver a Soie with silk shading.  The gold is a Kreinik Vintage Braid.  

I picked up the backing fabric at Tina's in Madison Park.  It's a fun shop to visit with lots of really beautiful fabrics and trims.  I added three ribbons around the piece and more roses at each corner.  It has pinch-pleat corners as well. This photo is a little light to show detail - they are a solid black in life.  It's a stunner.  



More true to life on colors.


Now I'm working on a double wedding ring quilt.  It's never going to be done.  



1 comment:

NCPat said...

Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!