Saturday, February 28, 2009

Fun morning...

It would depend on your idea of fun, I suppose. While the household was still asleep The Travis decided he needed some hot cocoa. He went out, placed the mix in a mug, and put it in the microwave. Note, no water. Travis then came running into the bedroom yelling "Microwave! Microwave!" Brad got up and went into the kitchen and I came yelling when I heard "Fire! Fire!"

I looked at the microwave on my way to the fire extinguisher, which is kept under the kitchen sink, and saw that there was no fire, just billowing smoke. Brad, meanwhile, was opening windows and doors. I closed the microwave and pulled it out and put the whole thing outside.

The girls were up by this time. We got dressed and went to McDonald's for breakfast (yuck). When we arrived home the house was frigid and still smells like smoke. I can only imagine how much it would suck to have my whole house aflame - cold, no clothes except pajamas, and losing all my needlework! Diane, we'd have driven up to your house and stopped at Target for clothes on the way. ;)

Brad thinks the microwave is toast... Travis says he won't use it again!

.......

It's still only noon and I'm exhausted. This afternoon I'm going to volunteer at a swim meet for five hours. Victoria's not in it but we have to do 20 hours of volunteer work a season. FYI, she did get her ribbons for her first swim meet - 6th place for freestyle and 2nd place for butterfly. go Victoria!

.......

Madeline gave herself another haircut yesterday. She chopped a bunch off each side and while it doesn't look bad, it definately looks uneven. Again. I'm really, really tempted to take her in and get her another pixie cut.

1 comment:

Toria said...

It may not have been much fun for you, but you gave me a good laugh. I love that he's promised not to use the microwave again :-)